Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hyderabad school’s director held for raping girl student

Hyderabad: The police claim to have clinching evidence that Parkwood International School director Mohammed Salahuddin Ayub raped a class XI girl student several times over the past five months. Apart from that victim, he reportedly abused several other girls. He was taken into custody late on Wednesday night.

Several shocking details emerged after Central Crime Station (CCS) investigators started probing a complaint lodged by the girl’s family at the CCS on July 20. School education minister Manikya Varaprasada Rao, while ordering an inquiry into the incidents, said he would recommend the cancellation of the school’s affiliation to the CBSE, on the grounds that it was unable to protect its students. The victim’s family, originally from Patna, is based at Malad in Mumbai. According to the police, her father exports marbles to Italy. Ayub, who owns a house on Road Number 12, Banjara Hills, allegedly committed the heinous act for the first time on the 17-year-old victim at the penthouse on top of the girl’s hostel. He called her to the penthouse, offered her a spiked soft drink and raped her when she was unconscious, a CCS officer said.

Talking to the media at the school in Manneguda near Vikarabad, RR district, the victim alleged she was given a spiked soft drink by the director after which she fell unconscious. When the victim regained consciousness, she realised she had been sexually abused and asked Ayub what he had done to her. He threatened her with the prospect of grave consequences if she complained to anybody, the police said.

After a few days, when he again tried to take advantage of her, the victim resisted and the director threatened her with a gun and said he would harm her siblings, who also study at the same school, an investigating officer said.

The police said Ayub had also brought the girl a few times to his house, when his family members had gone out of station, and sexually exploited her. The victim’s father said the family came to know about the assaults a week ago when his daughter returned home. “She told us about the heinous acts committed by Ayub,” he said. “She also said some other girls were abused by him. I was offered a blank cheque to keep my mouth shut. I hope he gets stringent punishment.”According to the police, the culprit coerced the girl to submit herself to his lust and sexually exploited her 15 times, including four times at his house at Banjara Hills, between March and July.

No comments:

Post a Comment